Date:      26 Jun 2000 11:18:18 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>, FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Remote printing

>> I have already received a response from someone else who also
>> recommends using apsfilter.  I'll try this tomorrow.  Is apsfilter
>> hard to configure?

Once you have the remote printer thing working, you should be able to
send it ASCII or PS and it will do the right thing. You may see
stair-casing with ASCII, but at least you know it's getting there.

Building the terrific apsfilter package by hand would be difficult
since it depends on so many packages to do its transformations
(practically any format to postscript, then to printer). Use FreeBSD's
port in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter -- it does all this for you.
Totally cool, and a great advertisement for the power of the ports
collection.