Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:46:31 -0700
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible mouse/ATA problems in -STABLE

Mouse is on interrupt 12, ATA on 14 and 15.  I don't have any interrupt
conflicts AFAIK.

I think that maybe the new ATA drivers are staying in the interrupt a
bit longer and causing data to be dropped.

I have reverted to 1-sep -STABLE and it seems stable (so far), I am
going to try a new -STABLE and look at the interrupt counts.

The -STABLE ATA drivers were MFC'd - after this merge I see the
following comment for a commit on ata-dma.c (revision 1.122)

"This pushed the time spent between starting the ATA command and
starting the DMA engine over the hill for some controllers
(especially the Silicon Image DS3112a) and caused what looked
like lost interrupts."

- so possibly we need another MFC... ?