Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:07:13 +0000
From:      Michael Cugley <michael.cugley@virgin.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: What dirs do I download?

On a related note:  I d/l'ed a bunch of FreeBSD files in order to install
3.1-RELEASE from scratch (I originally tried installing from FTP but PPP
wouldn't work, or FTP wouldn't connect or something - error 0 was all I
got).

So far so good; except if i try to install from the Boot Floppies using
Install From A Dos Partition it can't seem to find the FreeBSD directory
(or at least it complains that it can't install any of the dists, including
/bin).  I've put a "FREEBSD" directory on each of my drives in the hope one
will work.  Nope.

Next, try the DOS install from the \tools directory.  So far so good, only
now it claims that bin.inf is corrupt.  I've downloaded bin.inf several
times, in several formats (Binary, Ascii).  Corrupt, corrupt, corrupt.
*Looks* fine, as far as I can tell - looks like a text file.  But "Corrupt"
it is.

Help?  I really want to get this 200+ download to actually work!  Is there
anything else I should try?

--
			Mike Cugley, lunatic at large

http://freespace.virgin.net/michael.cugley/