Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:24:29 -0500
From:      Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl@ringofsaturn.com>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Wine Issue

I just ran into an issue with WINE on amd 64.  I did not have binutils
installed in the 32bit environment.  WINE compiled without issue but
when running it, it would completely hang.  After backing up two
versions and troubleshooting kernels's and nvidia, I found an article
about binutils and as.  After installing binutils in the chroot
environment and recompiling wine, wine is again working without issue.

Perhaps wine should require binutils?

Sincerely,
Rusty Nejdl