Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:24:26 +0430
From:      "Lee Harr" <missive@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing zope

>I have installed and run zope in the past with no errors. Now, with
>2.7 in the ports zope installs fine but there seems to be a number of
>shell variables that must be set, and it seems like there is something
>missing.

[...]

Yes, it is quite a bit different now... and prepare yourself for
possible issues moving your old data to the new site also.

You need to create an "instance" first, using
/usr/local/www/Zope/mkzopeinstance.py

Each instance can have separate data, products,
configuration, etc.

zopectl will be created inside of the instance by that script.

Then you want to add to rc.conf:
zope_enable="YES"
zope_instances="/usr/local/www/Zope/myfooinst/"

I also had an issue of being "locked out" when I first brought
the new instance up.  If that happens to you, run zopectl and use
the "adduser" option -- just make sure that the instance is
not running at the time, as that will not work.

http://messenger.msn.com/