Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:25:38 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Nagy_L=E1szl=F3_Zsolt?= <nagylzs@freemail.hu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ati Radeon X300

  Hello,

I know that the drivers for X300 are not working on Xorg and 6.1 RELEASE
yet. Am I wrong?

My question is...

1. Is there anybody working on the ati drivers for X300 and other newer
ati cards? Can I expect a working driver this year?
2. Can I use my X300 card with VESA? (If I run Xorg -configure then it
creates the config file with the ati driver but it does not work.) Can
you point me to a documentation that describes how to use VESA? I would
like to know something about its speed, but it is better if I check it
myself. :-)

Best,

   Laszlo