Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:12:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc:        Mike <mike@mikesweb.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ps question

Even if you drop read access to the script, it's just too easy to figure
this out for almost anyone. I will be *amazed* if it doesn't break several
things. I thought shutdowns used /bin/ps for some reason. - Jy@

btw: The suggested change to the source sounds like the cleanest thing to
do, but I'd compare the UID to your lowest login user UID so system
scripts and background daemons work as expected.