Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:40:37 +0100
From:      Martin Kraemer <Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Solved] ISDN4BSD not ready for prime time in 4.5-RC ?

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:33:27PM +0100, hm@hcs.de wrote:
> The only thing i can imagine is broken hardware (NTBA, cable, jacks, plugs,
> card, etc)

Thanks again to everyone who helped and pointed to possible causes
for my problems.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa: I changed the cable again (this time to a
cable which was delivered with an USB isdn modem), and now IT WORKS!
I should have listened to Hellmuth in his reply in 2000 (which I
DID read before mailing the list):
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=5696+0+archive/2000/freebsd-isdn/20001015.freebsd-isdn

I simply hadn't believed that _both_ cables I had tried before caused
the CRC errors.

Sorry for the noise,

   Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>         |     Fujitsu Siemens
Fon: +49-89-636-46021, FAX: +49-89-636-47655 | 81730  Munich,  Germany