Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:23:53 -0400
From:      Understudy <list@understudy.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   firefox thunderbird links.

Hi All,

Somehow I am not getting a simple thing to work.

My thunderbird /usr/local/lib/thunderbird/defaults/profile/prefs.js
has
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/local/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/local/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/local/bin/firefox");

I have tried it in user.js. It shows up in edit - preferences - config
editor.
However it does not work when I click on a link in an email
I am running thunderbird-5.0

In firefox if I do file - send link,  that does not work. I have
network.protocol-handler.app.mailto;/usr/local/bin/thunderbird
in the config and it shows up when I do about:config in the address bar.
I am running firefox-5.0,1

My laptop is currently running 8.2-RELEASE

So how can I fix this so I can click links in thunderbird and the open in
firefox and click on send link in firefox and have it open the email in
thunderbird?

Sincerely,
Brendhan