Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:42:30 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        Jon Stanley <jstanley@rmrf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE and Microsoft Intellimouse

Hi Jon,

> I am attempting to use a Microsoft Intellimouse optical (not very
> concerned about all five buttons working or anything like that.  Just a
> generic mouse would do fine for me right now).  The mouse is very erattic
> on the screen to the point that nothing can be accomplished with it.  It
> is a USB mouse that is converted to PS/2 with the little adapter thingy
> that came with it.  If this is any help it's also going into a Belkin KVM
> switch.  When I was running Red Hat (on the same hardware with the same
> switch) it worked fine.  So I know that there is something that I am
> missing to get this to work.  Any suggestions?

I have exactly the same mouse, also with the PS/2 Adapter. I´m running 4.1
Stable and in my configuration I have:

/etc/XF86Config:    Device      "/dev/mouse"

/etc/rc.conf:	moused_port="/dev/psm0"
		moused_type="auto"
		moused_enable="YES"
		moused_flags="-z 4"

The only problem I´m facing until now are sporadic imwheel core dumps (but I
also had them with another wheel mouse by Primax). Until now 3 buttons are
working, as I read that for 5 buttons you should switch to XFree 4, which I
didn´t attack until now.

Hope this helps
Siegbert