Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:37:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      julien Bournelle <bournell@int-evry.fr>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions...

Hi all,

 I'm currently using a Ultra 10 box running solaris 7, this box boot from
the network and I don't how exactly is used the local hard disk.

 I would like to know if it would be possible to have dual boot (nowadays
I have Openboot 3.25 firmware) with solaris 7 (from the ntework) and
FrreBSD that I would like to install on the local hard disk ?

 I have tried to install FreeBSD by putting a local rarpd/tftp/bootp
server directly connected to the Sun box (using well done document
"FreeBSD/sparc64 5.0-CURRENT Installations Instructions"). The box load
the kernel
but seems to fail to recognize the hard disk, I have a moutroot prompt...

 I must notice that I'm not root on my Sun box...:-(

 So If someone has an answer or an idea, I would be very happy :-) I've
tried to search on Internet with my good friend google but I didn't find
anything very precise.

 Thanks for your help,

julien.bournelle@int-evry.fr