Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:20:08 -0500
From:      Anthony Philipp <philipp1@lupin.angrypanda.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   failed to generate index

Hello, I got this crash when doing portsdb -Uu after a cvsup. It is very reproducible. All the information I could think of is attached below. Thanks for the help.
Anthony Philipp

(01:58:30) root@lupin /usr/ports 8# portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..apsfilter-7.2.5_5: "/usr/ports/-nox11" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
===> print/apsfilter failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error
(02:14:29) root@lupin /usr/ports 9# uname -a
FreeBSD lupin.angrypanda.net 5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #0: Tue Sep 28 23:52:30 CDT 2004     philipp1@lupin.angrypanda.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
(02:14:42) root@lupin /usr/ports 10# cat /etc/make.conf
# -- use.perl generated deltas -- #
# Created: Tue Jul 13 22:00:47 2004
# Setting to use base perl from ports:
PERL_VER=5.6.1
PERL_VERSION=5.6.1
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

(02:19:09) root@lupin /usr/ports 11#

Well if anything else is needed, I would be more than happy to send it off. Hope this helps.
Anthony