Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bob Vaughan <techie@tantivy.net>
To:        Chris Howells <howells@kde.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EV1 Servers makes me sick

> On Monday 02 October 2006 21:16, Roland Smith wrote:
>
> > Well, these are the same guys that bought a license from SCO for SCO's
> > alleged "IP" in Linux (and alledgedly in *BSD, before the settlement in
> > USL vs BSDi was made public). Apparently after a large
> > bribe^H^H^H^H^Hdiscount from Microsoft.
> >
> > Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, IMHO. But maybe I'm
> > being too harsh.
>
> Someone used them to post a large amount of blog spam to my blog from some of
> their servers for a period of quite a few weeks. They did nothing, not even
> reply, despite various abuse reports. They are nothing but pathetic.

I got tired of getting carpetbombed(1) with spam originated from EV1 servers
day after day, with no meaningful response.. They hold the distinction
of being the only US ISP that has ALL of their IP space in my blocklist.

(1) where I would get a couple spams from here, and a couple spams from
there, with EV1 it was a couple dozen at a time..  Gets old real fast.

Bob Vaughan  | techie @ tantivy.net 		  |
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --