Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:28:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, phk@critter.dk.tfs.com, ache@nagual.ru, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, bde@zeta.org.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ufs lock panic in -current

> > I am here to work on a platform which provides me the ability to
> > do further research.  I am not here to be your code supermarket.
>
> And if you're not here to work on that project in a way which is at
> all compatible with the way everyone else works on that project, and
> we've talked about this issue time and time again until I was blue
> over it, then maybe you'd better go hunting for another platform since
> your work is *never* going to make it in and we're just wasting our
> time discussing the very existance of that work.

Who else do you treat as a supermarket, where their whole sources
must be laid out for you to pick and choose what you want, without
regard to how your choices impact their own ability to use the
resulting code base for their own research?

Other than CSRG, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and occasionally Linux, I mean...

> One would think that 2 years would be long enough to get the point.  I
> guess with some people it just takes longer (or harder walls).

One would think that 2 years would be long enough to earn citizenship
rights.  You don't make these requirements of your other contributors.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---