Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:20:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brent <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        Natey on IRC <natey@capetown.za.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: URGENT HELP!!!!! Partition Table vanished *zapped by rebooting server*

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Natey on IRC wrote:

> Is there any way to recover one's partition table.  Basically what happened
> is that I rebooted my FreeBSD server and I got that "INVALID SYSTEM DISK"
> message, even though I have the following:

Boot up with a FreeBSD boot disk (the install disks should work), and go
to the Post-Install Configure section (same as /stand/sysinstall).  From
there you can run the Label editor and fdisk to modify your
system.  Minimally, it sounds like you'll have to use the fdisk program to
set one partition bootable (remember it's "W" to write the changes to
disk, in both programs), then Create FreeBSD MBR or boot manager in the
following screen.

-Brent