Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:16:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ajones@ctron.com (Alexander Seth Jones)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shared libg++2.7.2

> Anyone gotten the libg++2.7.2 libraries built shared?  I keep getting
> this error:
>
> ld: No reference to __DYNAMIC
>
>   Where should this be defined?

Are you sure this is what it says exactly?

"no reference to" means no one imports the symbol.

Typically, this would mean you are linking against the wrong ctr0;
try explicitly referencing it on the ld line instead of letting the
compiler call the ld for you.  This is probably just a config bug
in the GCC distribution.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---