Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:16:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ack!Kev <ack@des2.sw.cc.va.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   periodic lag in inetd

periodically all of the inetd services slow drastically.  A restart remedies the situation.  I'm using 3.1, but had a rough time with the installation (ftp).  I've ordered the CDs, but my question is what is the best way to get a good clean installation.  /stand/sysinstall is what i've been using, but is cvsup better, and is makeworld the same?

I've checked to see if anything outside is causing the problem (flood ping, etc), but everything checks out ok, and the console is not affected.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!