Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:14:43 -0800
From:      al7oj@customcpu.com
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No audio with FreeBSD3.0-R

IT WORKS :)
Yessir, I am shouting!! ;)
I rebooted (after running OS2), and typed cat /bin/cat > /dev/audio and
got the noise! I then checked the man on mixer. Everything was ok, but
then I saw the man for cdcontrol, so read it. That got things going. It
defaults to /dev/cd0c, but this system uses /dev/wcd0c. Anyway, after
typing 'cdcontrol -f /dev/wcd0c', the cd started playing! I about 'did a
jig' right here.
Thank-you Doug for your help and patience! Now I just gotta get RealAudio,
and other than one necessary program related to ham-radio/internet stuff,
I could totally do away with Windud! Thanks again,
Mike

In <Pine.BSF.4.03.9904151051390.29545-100000@resnet.uoregon.edu>, on