Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 1995 19:35:46 +1596657 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   ESDI install now succeeded

Hi

Using a variant of the setup of Steve Piette I managed to get 205Snap installed
on a Micropolis 1558 and a WD1007 controller:

W8 out (Steve had 'm in)
W14 in (disable translation)

I used WDFMT.EXE from www.wdc.com to format the drive with 15 heads, 1224 cyls
and 35 sect/track (Steve used 36).

bad144, disklabel and friends were now happily doing their job.

It looks like we need a section 'ESDI installations' in the FreeBSD handbook.
I'm willing to write that as soon as I understand what is going on exactly.

How are people using non-WD1007 adapters doing? E.g. using an Adaptec 2322 ?

Wilko