Date:      Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:59:10 -0800
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        FreeBSD Jail <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Discussing the need for either `novimage' or `novnet' analog to `nojail' KEYWORD in RCNG scripts

Hi list,

I'm refining my vimage RCNG boot script that I demo'd to last-month's BAFUG=
 meeting, and I'd like to open a discussion regarding the addition of eithe=
r a `novimage' or `novnet' option to the list of rcorder(8) KEYWORD attribu=
tes.

Similar to the already-existant `nojail' keyword, this new keyword (whateve=
r we end up choosing -- if any) would work almost identically to the `nojai=
l' keyword except only prevent invocation for `vnet'-enabled [persistent] j=
ails (aka vimages).

Not having this feature is causing me to invent some pretty nasty kludges a=
nd I've been thinking for quite some time now that what we need is really a=
 "novimage" keyword that will allow things like netif, routing, dhclient, a=
nd ipfw (to name a few) to be started automatically in a vimage when /etc/r=
c is invoked.
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.