Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:11:21 -0700
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S," <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/4360: New Port - amaya-1.0b

Brett Taylor wrote:

> All I know is that according to their web pages that it hasn't been ported
> to Lesstif and I have neither the time or, probably, the technical know
> how to get the source converted to use Lesstif.

I thought the same myself, but everything builds fine if you take the
time to generate Lesstif with both shared and static libs. Lesstif IS
perfectly compatible with Motif. I'm having no problem with Thot (normal
people don't download big packages on friday nights ;) ).
There's also a new version of Amaya coming out by the end of this month
to the public.

> I would agree - however I saw no indication that anyone was working on it
> and I decided to make a port.  -shrug-  If the ports people don't like it
> they can just not commit it - no skin off my back.

Assuming someone does like it, and commits it....you just found an
excuse for NEVER having a native port of your preferred application.

	Pedro.