Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 1996 15:51:00 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler), freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Archive Anaconda Tape drive 1.35GB && Adaptec 1542CF

> Perhaps we should start a ``Tape drive FAQ''?  Many people are
> confused about the different tape drives, their subtleties (like for
> the Anaconda, or the switches on the HP-DAT), their relative technical
> merits, and the status and quality of FreeBSD supporting the different
> kinds of drives.

	I'll drink to that.  I have never gotten my Colorado Jumbo 350 to
work under FreeBSD (I'm up to 2.1R now), yet others apparently use them for
backups regularly.  I'm baffled, but no longer frustrated since I borrowed
a SCSI tape drive.  DOS backups are still done on the Colorado since I have
no DOS SCSI tape backup software (and because the price/performance on
the Colorado is so much better).

Mike O'Brien