Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2012 08:28:44 +0200
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/148741: [sound] Headphones are deaf (do not work) on Lenovo ThinkPad X300

On 27.11.2012 07:59, vermaden wrote:
> mav@FreeBSD.org:
>> Synopsis: [sound] Headphones are deaf (do not work) on Lenovo ThinkPad X300
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
>> State-Changed-By: mav
>> State-Changed-When: Mon Nov 26 15:09:31 UTC 2012
>> State-Changed-Why:
>> Proposed hints looks like overkill, but as far as it works, that is OK.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=148741
>
> Closing this PR is OK under one of these conditions:
>
>   - LINK to that X300 specifical configuration/hack PR should be within FreeBSD Handbook.
>   - Information for X300 specific configuration should be directly in the FreeBSD Handbook.

I don't mind it to be documented somewhere, but I don't see it realistic
to even try to track all possible kinds of devices. I am trying to make
the driver as universal as possible and can only hope that it will be
enough for the most cases. Fortunately it is.

Also, adding special exception for this laptop to the driver is quite
pointless because while it will pass next 6 months FreeBSD release cycle
this already not new laptop will be out of market for even more time and
will be mostly forgotten.

--
Alexander Motin