Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 1996 08:31:04 +0500
From:      A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ddb now requires sio

`option DDB' now /requires/ sio0 to be present on the system.

In `.../conf/files.i386' we have:

    i386/i386/i386-gdbstub.c        optional        ddb

and `i386-gdbstub.c' calls many functions from the serial driver.

This tripped me up since I have a kernel config without `sio*' (I don't
have any serial devices!) but with DDB enabled.

Is there anyway of having the kernel debugger present, without the serial
devices being required?  Perhaps we should separate `ddb' and
`gdb-remote'?

Koshy