Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 13:32:35 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cc1 crashes with SIGBUS while building XFree86-Server-4.2.0_2

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 06:24:14PM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> I've experienced this same problem today; but only after installing
> 5.0-current on the system in question.   It compiled fine with FreeBSD_4.5.
>
> This is a 1.2ghz Pentium with 1gb of RAM.  No problems with other things
> (large compile projects with 4.5 before).

I have been building XFree86 without problems, until I updated my -CURRENT
system (I did the previous update three months ago). I don't think that
this is a hardware related problem. My -CURRENT system is running on an
800 MHz Duron (KT133 chipset), and performs flawlessly otherwise,
including large builds such as "make worlds".

The kernel has all debugging options removed, and the malloc.conf options
are "aj".

--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **