Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 1995 17:32:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de (Julian Howard Stacey)
Cc:        rgrimes@freefall.cdrom.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

> Hi Rod,
> Cc Current
>
> I have improved my modification for /etc/netstart somewhat, & am using it,
> but I still can't test it completely, as although I have a 2nd nfs mounted
> system here now, I don't share an nfs mounted /usr
> (all my existing bins are 486, the system visiting me is a 386)

Don't worry, the only difference is a slight performance decrease on the
386.  The most significant difference is the size, -m486 aligns everything
to 8 (or is it 16 ?) bytes boundaries, whereas -m386 does only use 4 byte
alignment.

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk>
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.