Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:09:30 +0200
From:      Ferdinand Goldmann <ferdinand.goldmann@jku.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libmilter broken in FreeBSD8 ?

Following up on my own posting here...

I solved the mystery. A bug in MIMDEdefang is to blame, see here:
=
http://www.mail-archive.com/mimedefang@lists.roaringpenguin.com/msg14658.h=
tml

By adding the macros to the mimedefang invocation via the -a command =
line switch
I was able to solve the problem.

So anyone of you upgrading to a newer version of MIMEdefang, be careful. =
:-)

Cheers,
Ferdinand

On 17.08.2012, at 11:29, Ferdinand Goldmann wrote:

> Hello!
>=20
> I've been using a mail setup consisting of sendmail, milter-ahead, =
milter-greylist
> and MIMEDefang running on FreeBSD for years.
>=20
> Recently I installed a new server running FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p3. To =
my bewilderment,
> I am now running into problems with milter-ahead and milter-greylist, =
as they do
> not see the macros that sendmail should hand them via the milter =
interface anymore.
> (Like client_resolve, rcpt_host, and so on ...).
>=20
> To sort things out, I've setup both a FreeBSD 7 and a FreeBSD 8 test =
installation.
> I am using the _exact_ _same_ _configuration_ in both test =
installations (basically
> the same I am using on my FreeBSD 7 production servers).
> To my even bigger bewilderment, the milters work as expected on =
FreeBSD 7, while they
> fail on FreeBSD 8.
>=20
> Debugging information suggests that the milters are handed empty =
variables on FreeBSD 8:
> rcpt_host=3D'' rcpt_mailer=3D''
>=20
> Has anyone experienced similiar problems? I find it hard to believe =
that this seems
> to be suddenly broken ...?
>=20
> Cheers,
> Ferdinand
> --=20
>>> Ferdinand Goldmann
>>> Johannes Kepler University Linz - Server Systems/Information =
Management
>>> Mail: Ferdinand.Goldmann@jku.at Phone: 00437024683925 Fax: =
00437024689397
>>> A lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on =
my part.
>=20
>=20

--=20