Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 00:18:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Philipp <pjp@globalserve.net>
To:        Mark Szlaga <mszlaga@umd.umich.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP-Masquerade and NAT

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Mark Szlaga wrote:

> > the 2.2.2-REL kernel I had problems of the kernel crashing when I used
> > natd.  It caused a page fault, but after upgrading the kernel to a releng
> > after that it seemed to work fine.
> >
> Two things.  Are there any good FAQ's to read about the NAT stuff, it did not
> say much in the freeBSD faq.  And, what version would the releng one be?
>
> Thanks a bunch for the speedy reply.

the manual page for natd is quite good and in depth.  There is also a
sample natd configuration file that configures the firewall rules and
then starts natd.  This is a very good help as well.  With the version
just go with 2.2.5-RELEASE and you shouldn't see any page faults caused
by natd.

Peter

I am a supporter of the anti-spam campaign.         <http://spam.abuse.net>;