Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 1996 23:48:59 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        terry@lambert.org
Cc:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org, tom@sdf.com, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, root@friday.keanesea.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What is the best way to setup a drive

 >> But how would you mount your filesystems at boot time?
 > Mounts will be inserted into the fs hierarchy post-facto by
 > mount-point mapping of the vnodes according to the content of the
 > fstab.

But with /etc as a symlink to something on a different filesystem,
then how would the fstab be read, since the root filesystem is the
only one that can be mounted before fstab is availible?

I think that this point has been made and remade many times before my
post made it.

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu

Fourth law of computing:
  Anything that can go wro
.signature: segmentation violation -- core dumped