Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:59:35 -0400
From:      "Daniel" <danielc@green-orb.com>
To:        Rick Updegrove <freebsdstable@updegrove.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is stable stable yet?

My machine has been rebooting silently (no panic or anything) every 24-36 hours since
about two weeks ago.  It wasn't doing that before then.

I'm waiting to see if anything surfaces, but I may go straight to 5.1 to see if that solves the
problem.  I'm tracking -STABLE right now as well.  For whatever reason, I can't seem to
figure out what's causing the problem.  I can't get a dump because my SWAP is too small
(just upgraded the RAM to handle application issues), but will try to get *some* diagnostics
over the weekend.  Nothing to work with right now though, no odd behavior, no syslog
messages... not even a PANIC sent to my syslog servers across the network.  Just a (fairly
sudden and rapid) straight reboot as if the power flashed (which it didn't -- other machines
are not having problems).  It appears that a VERY few other people are having similar issues
dating back to a few weeks ago as well, so we'll see.  I don't have a proliant though, and you
will most likely not experience what I am, but I figured its worth mentioning.

Peace,

 -- Daniel
 <><