Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:42:26 -0500
From:      Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com>
To:        "gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: internet access from FreeBSD

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:32 AM, gs_stoller@juno.com
<gs_stoller@juno.com> wrote:
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I have a copy of Greg Lehey's online "book" about=
 FreeBSD, but I >believe it is from February 2006. =A0Is there a later copy=
, and if so, where >can I find a copy (URL please)? =A0I searched my copy f=
or the word >"internet" and couldn't find it. =A0I did access the internet =
with a take-off >copy of FreeBSD, but I don't have access to it any more. =
=A0Can I access >the internet with a currently gettable copy of FreeBSD, an=
d if so, for what >versions is that true (my personal version is old, but i=
t works well so I >never upgraded)? =A0Since I get my mail via =A0juno , ca=
n I access them >nicely from FreeBSD or do I need something to interface to=
 it and present >me with my mailbox, listing the items in it and telling me=
 the usual stuff >about envelop mail (sender, subject, when received)?

It's a bit unclear what you're asking, but it sounds like you want
help regarding more recent versions of freeBSD and their capabilities.
Have you looked at www.freebsd.org and the documentation there?

I'm not sure what a book about freeBSD would have that the official
documentaioin wouldn't.