Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:19:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Katinka Mills <katinka@magestower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Support for the brother HL 1440 laser printer

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Katinka Mills wrote:

> I read the documentation on the brother website and they say to use ljet4
> drivers when no brother ones exist.
>
> If I send text to the printer no problems, but if I print from ghostscript I
> get errors :o(

Errors?  Like what, exactly?  Are you using the LaserJet 4 driver as
suggested?  Normally, you'd have an input filter defined in
/etc/printcap that calls Ghostscript with the LJ4 driver specified as an
output.  I've done this, and it works surprisingly well.  Unfortunately,
I don't have it here at home, but can provide it later.