Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:41:41 -0400
From:      "Tamouh H." <hakmi@rogers.com>
To:        "'Mike Tancsa'" <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Temperature Monitor

> >Hi,
> >
> >I've an Intel board D865GVHZ running on FBSD 5.4 that I'd=20
> like to monitor its temperature. I've tried using lmmon , but=20
> the data are way off:
> >
>=20
> I have an 865GCH.  You might be able to get it via acpi
>=20
> % sysctl -a hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature
> hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 40.0C
> %
>=20
> also, mbmon, might be able to work if you compile in smb support.
>=20
> 	---Mike

thx, I've tried that but the thermal sysctl not available. mbmon =
compiled with smb didn't recognize a h/w monitor!=20

do you have anything special compiled in your kernel for acpi ?

sonata# sysctl -a hw.acpi
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1