Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:08:54 -0500
From:      Tim <cyberlord@cyberlord.net.dhis.org>
To:        saturn@serv.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE3, qt30, qt23

On Saturday 13 July 2002 09:28 pm, Jeff wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having difficulties with this matter..
>
> What I am wanting is to use an application and run KDE3.
> KDE3 requires qt30.
> The application requires qt23.
> It appears that qt23 and qt30 are (or at least the headers are)
> incompatible.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how this may be resolved (other than step=
ping
> down to KDE2 or not running the application)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jeff

This has been a problem for me lately too. I have tried to compile many p=
orts=20
that say they will work with QT 3.0 and they won't compile. They error ou=
t=20
saying I don't have Qt >=3D 2.X installed.=20

As for ports that require Qt 2.X, you can still get Qt 2.X from previous=20
versions of FBSD. I do not know if they will co-exist together or not.=20

I'm no expert when it comes to this stuff, but I am slowly educating myse=
lf.=20
:)

On one application I am trying to install, I was asked if I had the Qt in=
clude=20
files installed. I have not had time to dig into that too much, but it lo=
oks=20
like they are not installed.  Why did a fresh install of KDE 3.0 that=20
installs Qt 3.0 as a dependency, not install the header files?

Best of luck, and keep me in the loop on a fix for this. I'll do the same=
 for=20
you.

Tim
--=20
FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE
 9:57PM  up 4 days,  3:50, 1 user, load averages: 1.06, 1.39, 1.69