Date:      Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:54:59 +0800
From:      wen heping <wenheping@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Subject:   Re: Maintainership of py-zopetesting and py-zopeevent

2011/9/6 Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 05:38:06PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>> My understanding is that we don't do port names with . in them. Can
>> someone who knows more than I confirm one way or the other?
>
> The porter's handbook is ambiguous:
>
> =C2=A0The first letter of the name part should be lowercase. (The rest of
> =C2=A0the name may contain capital letters, so use your own discretion wh=
en
> =C2=A0you are converting a software name that has some capital letters in=
 it.)
> =C2=A0There is a tradition of naming Perl 5 modules by prepending p5- and
> =C2=A0converting the double-colon separator to a hyphen; for example, the
> =C2=A0Data::Dumper module becomes p5-Data-Dumper.
>
> But, in "Here are some (real) examples on how to convert the name as
> =C2=A0called by the software authors to a suitable package name:":
>
> v3.3beta021.src =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 (empty) =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 tiff =C2=A0 =C2=A0(empty) =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 3.3 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 What the heck was that anyway?

> I'm not sure I see a compelling reason to change an existing name in
> this case, anyways.

Because we plan import new version Zope into portstree , it will
create many new ports, so we only discuss this problem related to
zope.

Historically in FreeBSD portstree it had at least 3 kinds of naming of
these zope-related ports, for example, now I shall create zope.browser
ports,:
1) py-zope.browser
2) py-zopeBrowser
3) py-zope-browser

which name is the best choice? I remember lwshu@ emailed the similar
problem to portsmgr@ to ask for the answer but did not get a explicit
one.

I do not know which one is the best choice , but I think better we
shall use the same naming type for all these zope-related ports.
Because there were many zope-related ports in current portstree use
the choice 1, so I think better rename others to the same naming type.

wen