Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 12:26:01 +1000
From:      Joe Shevland <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache, Java servlet engine, and Java.

Hi,

Yah, this Cocoon does indeed look cool.

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> There is very little advantage on using JSP just code it up on java .

But I disagree a bit there. JSP's seperate the (HTML) page content
nicely from the business logic if you're using beans etc. and avoiding
cluttering the JSP up with needless Java code and tags.

IMHO, they're easier than using servlets to generate page content; I say
this because of the unwieldy nature of writing HTML from a servlet and
the associated maintenance hassles like just wanting to change the look
of a page requiring a recompilation of the servlet etc.

I look forward to checking out the Cocoon stuff though.

Regards,
Joe.