Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:06:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Daniel Mahoney, Systems Admin" <danm@firestorm2000.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   real-world IPs?

Hey all,

The situation:

Home:

A freebsd 2.2.7 box (yeah, old, I know, but it works), with NIC card and
33.6 modem.

A home network with 3 other machines (which do NOT get much heavy use, so
this IS feasible over 56k I think), currently all on the 192.168 block.

At the ISP:

A Portmaster 3, two machines running freebsd 3.2, and a cisco 2509.

The question:

Instead of giving the home machines 192.168 IPs, I would prefer to give
them real world IPs (that are owned by the ISP).  What is the best way to
go about this?

I realize this is not a totally freebsd question, but I'm looking for
possibilities and pointers, as well as full solutions.

Thanks,

Dan Mahoney