Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:50:08 -0500
From:      Robert Hough <rch@qserve.net>
To:        "Sam" <free@freeprintshop.org>, <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: one filesystem two tapes

At 08:44 PM 8/14/2000 -0700, Sam wrote:
>I have a file system larger than can be held on a dds-2 tape. is there any
>way to back it up so that what does not fit on one tape fits on the next.

         Uhm, what are you using to do backup's with? That might be a good
first step... I *think* BRU will handle this just fine though, but not
sure. We switched to DLT before this became a problem, so it wasn't
something I was ever faced with. Check out BRU though, it's worked great
for us, and I'm pretty sure it can handle this for you.