Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 2015 04:28:27 +0000
From:      "emaste (Ed Maste)" <phabric-noreply@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Differential] [Commented On] D2005: Start of arm64 toolchain support (sufficient for kernel-toolchain)

emaste added a comment.

INLINE COMMENTS
  Makefile.inc1:325 We can change the test to `BINUTILS_BOOTSTRAP` in `__ALWAYS_NO` instead. It seems reasonable that those cases where we force it off ought to have the default.

  Something similar to
  ```
  # If we do not have a bootstrap binutils (because the in-tree one does not
  # support the target architecture), provide a default cross-binutils prefix.
  # This allows aarch64 builds, for example, to automatically use the
  # aarch64-binutils port or package.
  .if !empty(__ALWAYS_NO:MBINUTILS_BOOTSTRAP) && !defined(CROSS_BINUTILS_PREFIX)
  CROSS_BINUTILS_PREFIX=/usr/local/${TARGET_ARCH}-freebsd/bin/
  .if !exists(${CROSS_BINUTILS_PREFIX})
  .error In-tree binutils does not support the ${TARGET_ARCH} architecture. Install the ${TARGET_ARCH}-binutils port or package or set CROSS_BINUTILS_PREFIX.
  .endif
  .endif
  ```

REVISION DETAIL