Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 22:50:58 +1000
From:      Robert McKenzie <vk7rb@netspace.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Instalation problems.

Just a question after several attempt to install FreeBSD without
success, or at least without being able to get the system to boot (mount
the boot drive).

In a word, how.

The system is as follows:

Tekram P5T30-B4 PCI Pentium motherboard

Intel P55 MMX 166 clocked at 200MHz

64 Meg of ram

Cyber Drive IDE/ATAPI CD Rom

Diammond Stealth 3D 2000 video IRQ 9

Acer ALN-201 Series ethernet card IRQ 10

ESS 1868 Sound card IRQ 5

PS2 mouse

Primary Master is 6.8 G Maxtor which is split in two, the fist partition
is running 98 with the second for games. 13176/16/63

Primary Slave is the CD Rom

Secondary Master is a Fujitsu 1.7 G 3298/16/63 as a windows drive

Secondary Slave is a Western Digital 1.2 G 2484/16/63 and this is the
one that I am trying to install FreeBSD onto as a an entirely Unix disk,
I can change the boot disk in bios to this one without a problem, I can
also as mentioned above, boot off the CD without a problem, but come to
bring the system up on this drive after installation, now that is where
the fun starts.

That being the case, any help or offers of ideas would be most
gratefully received.

--
Cheers for now,

       73 de Robert, VK7RB, QTH Claremont, Tasmania
             PACKET address VK7RB@VK7RB.#HBT.TAS.AUS.OC
           INTERNET address vk7rb@netspace.net.au
             POSTAL address P O Box 1147 NSDC, Glenorchy
                            Tasmania 7010, Australia