Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 22:45:19 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: daemon stories ( german customs )

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
 > I think people shouldn't be too put out by these occasional
incidents.
 > There are some good ones about texas rednecks and "we just wanted to
 > know what the lord of darkness was doing on your chest, Maam?" which
 > involve our little mascot and go back several decades.  If it proves
 > anything at all, it's that there are still religious elements in
 > various western societies who'd probably be a lot happier living in
 > someplace like Iran and should probably move there at the first
 > opportunity. :)

Yup.  I have a sticker in the back window of my car (actually a Toyota
4x4 with a shell) from my ISP.  They're pretty much a bunch of tech-
heads stuck (by their own choice) here behind the "Zion Curtain."  Some
of the locals don't take to kindly to my window sticker, which reads
"God uses UNIX."  My fellow churchmembers don't seem to mind.  ;^)

Tangential story: the first two UNIX systems back at dear old
Clyde/Raxco/Axent, which was chock full of BYU graduates, were named
Ebed and Melech.  Two netdollars to the first contributor who say why
they were given such odd names.  ;^)

Wes Peters
Softweyr LLC
http://www.xmission.com/~softweyr