Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:44:00 -0800
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: www/en/projects/busdma index.sgml style.css (fwd)

Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Robert Watson writes:
>  >
>  > Hey Alpha Folks,
>  >
>  > Was wondering what the status of busdma support on Alpha is, in particular
>  > regarding dmamap_load_mbuf().  In order to maximize the portability of
>
> AFAIK, the busdma interface for nic drivers is totally untested on
> alpha, as there are no nic drivers for common hardware that I'm aware
> of which use busdma.  Has anybody converted dc, fxp or xl yet?

I'm currently working on xl(4) conversion, and will take care of fxp(4)
once it's done.  I'd be happy to send you patches so that you can test
it on alpha and fix busdma so that it works if necessary.  I would
definitely feel bad about breaking alpha support since those drivers (at
least xl(4)) currently work on alpha with the alpha_XXX_dmamap() hack.

Maxime