Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 1995 21:52:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      dlr@netcom.com (dlr)
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        dlr@netcom.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ppp

> > I was just asking if I have initially set things up correctly before I go
> > spending a lot of time testing. If it is set up in the kernel correctly to
> > begin with it will take me less time working on it. When I saw the post on
> > psuedodevice 1 mentioned, I looked at mine and realized it was a 2 and
> > wondered if I had screwed something up. (not unlikely scenario).
>
> Nope.  You have the ability to connect two PPP ports at once, while I
> can only do one.  Since I only have two serial ports, and one is the mouse
> it seemed silly for me to configure 2 PPP connections into my kernel.
>
> Your hardware may have two available PPP ports.

Ok. That explains it. I put in a 16550 serial card for my external 28.8
modem and left my 14.4 USR internal still plugged in. Both were configged,
hence the psuedodevice 2

So, looks like I need to learn kermit and make it work (tip works now also
so could use it), set up the options file and let it rip.

Dave