Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 1996 14:55:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      torstenb@solar.tlk.com (Torsten Blum)
To:        hm@kts.org
Cc:        amir@comtrol.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: driver problem

Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> > 1) Does FreeBSD have CAPI support??
>
> To my knowledge no manuacturer has done support for a FreeBSD CAPI.

Not directly, but Bintec Communications (http://www.bintec.de/) sells a ISDN
Router called "Brick" which support "remote capi".  The CAPI runs on the
router, but you can access it over TCP.  They include a capi library
(including sources !) to access the remote-capi. I started playing with that
and "porting" the library to FreeBSD is easy. You just have to replace poll()
with select() two times (I can send you patches if you want). I'll feed them
back to bintec of course.

The Bricks support Germany's 1TR6, Euro-ISDN (DSS1), Swissnet and
US N-ISDN-1.

 -tb