Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2023 15:25:39 +0100
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what's the Correct git update method keeping local changes

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 09:59:45AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
>Am 28.03.23 um 05:19 schrieb void:
>
>So - there's some discrepancy in your tools there, you are using git to
>keep local patches, and poudriere to update.  This seems odd.  Is
>poudriere using git to update your ports tree? Portsnap?  Something
>else? We don't know.

This is where I was going wrong. poudriere -u was using git+https for
updates and was complaining after patches were applied. I've not
looked/found what git subcommand 'poudriere ports -u' maps to, yet.
Instead of using using 'poudriere ports -u' I'm now using 'git -C
$portspath pull' and it's working as expected with the 'default'
portstree of poudriere.

Thanks everyone