Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:49:52 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex@foxybanana.com>
Cc:        alexbl@FreeBSD.org, johnson.peter@gmail.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: [ports-amd64@FreeBSD.org: quodlibet-0.23.1 failed on amd64 7]

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 09:26:37AM -0700, Alexander Botero-Lowry wrote:
> I had indications of this problem in tinderbox, but it wouldn't give me a=
 file-
> name, or any sense of just what the problem really was, but since I was p=
retty
> sure it was in another project I left it alone. So now that I have this l=
ittle
> piece of information, I can detail the problem:
>  pygst.py is non-cache is py-gstreamers pkg-plist, so pygst.pyc, pygst.py=
o are
>  not present. When the install phase of quodlibet imports pygst, one or b=
oth of
>  these files are created, but they are not accounted for by anyone, so it=
s seen
>  as an extra file.
>=20
> and I can offer two solutions:
>=20
> 1) we make quodlibet skip its check for py-gstreamer, which only fixes th=
is
>    problem for quodlibet and not for other ports that may have it.
> OR
> 2) The fine folks in multimedia@ force pygst.py to be compiled pre-instal=
l, a=20
>    line like, from security/py-trustedpickle:        =20
> 	@cd ${WRKSRC} && ${PYTHON_CMD} -OOOO -c 'import pygst' && \
>     ${PYTHON_CMD} -c 'import pygst'
>    and then have the py-gstreamer port account for the .pyo and .pyc file=
s in=20
>    its pkg-plist.

I think the second solution is the usual preferred one - ports should
compile their own installed python files so that they're not randomly
compiled on the fly by some other port that tries to use them, like
this one.

If you can submit a patch it might help to make things go more
quickly.

Kris

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA--