Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:50:53 -0400
From:      Khachaturov Vassilii <Vassilii.Khachaturov@comverse.com>
To:        "'Ville Skytta'" <scop@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: http://freshmeat.net/projects/FreeBSD-CVSweb

> Good idea, and a matter of taste.  I'm not sure if FM has
> branch-specific descriptions, though (which would be nice).

I think it does, however the branch description field length on
the form seems to be much shorter than a project description.
See

http://freshmeat.net/add-branch/1646/

I wonder if there is any way to either roll FreeBSD-CVSweb
into a cvsweb branch. If there is not, probably you should
register a new cvsweb branch (via the above URL) and provide
FreeBSD-CVSweb's default branch URLs there (maybe put the
fm redirector URLs there, so that later on you will only have to
update them in one place - in the FreeBSD-CVSweb project
only).

> I've sent some questions about this to the FM content people.

Let's hope they actually respond. Keep us posted...

> BTW, someone has already posted a comment about the original cvsweb
> project, telling people to look at the FreeBSD version instead :)

:-))) Yeah, and I voted on both, too.