Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:35:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Randy Schultz <schulra@earlham.edu>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   ypserv in a jail?

Anybody ever set up a NIS server in a jail?  I'm running a jail on a 6.2
system.  When I run ypserv on the parent things work great.  When I shut down
ypserv on the parent and bring it up in the jail, it comes up fine but never
answers any of the broadcasts.  I have ruled out any firewalling.  I have also
tried forcing ypbind to look directly at the jailed ypserv with the -S option.
That was ineffective.  I have toyed with sysctl variables and have gone as far
as:

security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=1
security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1
security.jail.set_hostname_allowed=1
security.jail.socket_unixiproute_only=0

Doign a ps on the parent shows the jailed ypserv, sockstat shows ypserv
listening on the ports.

Thoughts on what I'm missing?

--
  Randy    (schulra@earlham.edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Love with your heart, think with your head;  not the other way around.