Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2012 05:28:32 +0300
From:      tzabal@it.teithe.gr
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GSoC Project: Automated kernel crash reporting system

Hello Community,

I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code 2012 with
the FreeBSD Project. From the IdeasPage
(http://wiki.freebsd.org/IdeasPage) I found the project "Automated
kernel crash reporting system". After reading its description I
decided to work on it because I think that it will benefit the FreeBSD
development process in many ways, but mainly by providing more
feedback to the developers.

I have started working on it approximately before 1 week. First I
contacted Xin Li, Howard Su and Gavin Atkinson because they are listed
as appropriate contacts in the section Contact Info of the project,
and now I would like to ask the community for any feedback before
submitting my proposal in the GSoC website.

I created a page that describes my technical view about the project
and it will be part of my proposal. It does not contain any actual
code, but an overview of the whole project (specification) and a plan
on how I will work on it.
It can be found in this address:
http://aetos.it.teithe.gr/~tzabal/gsoc/akcrs.html

Any comments are more than welcome.