Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:07:22 +0200
From:      des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
Cc:        Aaron Gibson <aaron@the-gibsons.org>
Subject:   Re: 2.12 Advanced Installation Guide (Headless Install)

Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net> writes:
> Thanks Aaron - I don't believe that this is correct:
>
>    Here is where you must set the floppy to boot into a serial console. Y=
ou
>    have to make a file called boot.config containing /boot/loader -h. All
>    this does is pass a flag to the bootloader to boot into a serial
>    console.
>=20=20=20=20
>    # echo "/boot/loader -h" > boot.config
>
> I've always used just "-h" here; I'll test it and update it if
> necessary.  You're saying that it *does* work though?

It should work.  You can put anything in /boot.config that you'd type
at the boot1 prompt, including the disk and slice to boot from
(default: 0:ad(0,a)) and the binary to load (default: /boot/loader).
You can even set it to "/boot/kernel/kernel" to bypass the loader
altogether, though you won't get a fully functional system (kldload
won't work, amongst other things)

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no